Director and CEO of Early childhood and Primary Education Nyathi En Mwandu SCIENCE Network / Board Member
Earlyhood Education Specialist
Holder Masters in Educational Planning Administration Corporate Governance- University Of Nairobi
Holder Degree in Early Childhood Development and Primary Education – Moi University
Holder Of Diploma in Early Childhood Of Education – KNEC- Kenya National Examination Council ( Ministry Of Education
Holder Of Certificate in Early Childhood Education – Ministry Of Education.
Atieno Odhiambo Clarie is an Early Childhood Specialist working in Siaya County, Siaya Community Library. Clarie is a PhD holder in Educational Policy Formulation and Curriculum Studies University of Nairobi with special emphasis in Early Child Education planning. She is the Director of Brightstart ECCE consultancy an Early Childhood Consultancy Firm., Mama Sarah Obama Early childhood Foundation Co- Founder. At Sony sugar complex where she has worked close to 19 years, she has been a Teacher for pre-school, Director of day-care and Early intervention Programs, and a member of multidisciplinary teams for Research related to Early Childhood Education. Clarie also works with a number of institution working with young children and Child Growth and Development issues. She has been involved in Early Childhood camping and has a strong background in ECDE. She has privately held an executive positions in start-up of ECDE projects where she gained a practical experience in ECDE programs in Migori County, Siaya County, Narok County, EMIS and OER fields. She is currently a crusader of quality ECDE Content and provides equity of access to ECDE teaching and learning materials for understanding and stimulating use. She is also the program Director and implementor of UN Summit Report on Pathways to transformation of Education in Kenya, Global Ambassador network in We Love Reading in Kenya, Senior Researcher Utafiti Sera House PASGR, Member ANIE(African Network For Internationalization Of Higher Education,
Educationist @ Siaya CommunityLibrary( ScL) ECDE Expert,
Founder Education ForLife Skills and Emotional Well being,
Co- Founder Mama Sarah Obama Early Childhood – Siaya County
Education for Climate Change and Nyathi en Mwandu Crusader @Community Intervention on ECDE( Early Childhood Development in Education
(Your Child Your Wealth).
Nyathi Mwandu SCIENCE NETWORK
Name: Obinge, Ruth Elizabeth Omondi
Employer: Jaramogi Oginga Odinga University of Science and Technology
Department: Public and Community Health
School: Health Sciences
Contact Address: 577-40600, Siaya
Cell-Phone: 0714 – 606 872 / 0722-644946
Area of Specialization: – Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn, Child and Adolescent Health (RMNCAH).
Research Interests: –
- Early Childhood Development (Nurturing Care for ECD)
- Maternal Mental Health
- Adolescent Sexual and Reproductive Health
- Community Health
Dr. Elizabeth Omondi has 16 years of experience in Maternal and Child Health Service Delivery. She Provides Technical Advice to County Governments on Leading and Scaling Early Childhood Development initiatives, in resource limited setups. Elizabeth is known for having founded an ECD program in Siaya County referred to as “Smart Start Siaya”. This is an integrated Government-Led and Community-Owned program which is purposed to empower the caregivers to adopt nurturing care practices that support brain development and ultimately help children to achieve their full potential. It encompasses the conditions for good health, nutrition, security, and safety as well as opportunities for early learning for the young child and is underpinned by responsive caregiving across all these domains. Elizabeth is currently providing Technical Assistance to14 Lake Region Economic Bloc Counties in Kenya in the Scale-up up of Nurturing care for ECD.
Contact address: P O Box 577 – Siaya, Kenya.
Cell phone: 0722-644946 / 0714-606872.
Academic & Professional Qualifications
- 2018: Ph.D. in Public Health – Jaramogi Oginga Odinga University, Kenya
- 2016: MSc Community Health and Development – Great Lakes University of Kisumu.
- 2013: Post Graduate Diploma in Health Systems Management – Great Lakes University of Kisumu
- 2011: BSc in Community Health and Development- Great Lakes University of Kisumu.
- 1991: Kenya Registered Community Health Nursing – Kenya Medical Training College, Kisumu
Other Professional courses (Last 10 Years)
- Leading and Scaling Early Childhood Initiatives- The Harvard John Kennedy School of Government, USA
- Science of Early Childhood Development (SECD) – Agha khan University (AKU) and Red River College (RRC)
- Integrated Community Case Management of Childhood Illnesses (ICCM) – Ministry of Health & UNICEF
- Emergency Obstetric and Newborn care – Course Director – Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine
- Quality Improvement in Maternal and Perinatal Death Surveillance – Liverpool school of tropical medicine (LSTM) & WHO
- HIV Care and Treatment Services &PMTCT – NASCOP, CDC- KEMRI, NARESA
2020 Feb Jaramogi Oginga Odinga University of Science and Technology (JOOUST)
to-date Position: Senior Lecturer
2014 to 2020 Department of Health – County Government of Siaya
Position: County Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn, Child, and Adolescent Health (RMNCAH) Coordinator and ECD focal Person.
2010 – 2013: Ministry of Public Health and Sanitation –Provincial Medical Office, Nyanza
Position: Provincial Child Survival and Development Program Coordinator
2008- 2010: Position: Regional Coordinator Community Health Services – Suba, Homabay, Ndhiwa and Rongo Districts’ – DFID (Essential Health Services Program)
2006 – 2008: Kenya Medical Training College, Siaya
Position: Head of Nursing & Midwifery Department
2002 – 2006: Office of the District Medical Officer of Health
Position: District Coordinator of Reproductive Health Activities
1992 – 2002: Siaya District Hospital
Position: Nursing Service Delivery
- Founder of Smart Start Siaya – Nurturing Care for Early Childhood Development
- Technical Advisor – Scaling of Nurturing Care for ECD within the Lake Region Economic Bloc (LREB) Counties.
- Course Director – Emergency Obstetric & Newborn Care (MoH & LSTM)
- STEPHEN GAYA AGONG
Vice Chancellor – Jaramogi Oginga Odinga University of Science and Technology (JOOUST)
Email Address: email@example.com
Mob. No; +254 0722760538
- FRED AMIMO
School of Health Sciences
Jaramogi Oginga Odinga University of Science and Technology
Email Adress: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mobile no: +254 0720332486
- DR. OMONDI OWINO
County Government of Siaya
Email Address: email@example.com
Mob. No; +254 0713236199